May 27, 2013

Scuba Diving at Rocky Beach, Maasim, Sarangani

My solo photo! Yeah! :)

I only see people doing scuba diving on the television because I know this kind of activity is not really well familiar in our this region. But I really got excited when I heard from a co-worker that she has known someone doing this
stuff and welcomes intro divers for experience. So without hesitation, I grabbed the opportunity to try it. Well, I'm just a typical boy but I also try crazy and once and a lifetime adventures!

Dive site at RBT
The dive site is at a place called Rocky Beach at Tinoto, Maasim which is a few meters from Lemlunay Resort. It's a 30 minute ride from Gensan. But before anything else, you must first have your reservation for the diving few days or maybe a week prior to the activity so that the master divers can prepare the things to be used.



When we arrived at the spot, the oxygen tanks already welcomed us. Before plunging to the sea, we were instructed about the things to bear in mind and how to use the stuffs for scuba diving. 


For a not-so-big guy like me, the oxygen tank was really heavy but you would be able to carry it on if you have the will(haha!). Aside from the tank that was already ready, a 2-kilo belt (the weight is based on your size, if you're big the weight is heavier) was also strapped over waist my waist to ensure that I will not float once we were on the water. I actually like how all the heavy stuff pull my body down. It makes me feel I'm really strong! haha!



I finally got excited when we already plunged at the water. We cleared and washed the goggles which were shampooed earlier to prevent creating fogs once we dive din. Before really going under, I was asked to try breathing to my mouth so I'll get used to it. At first I didn't know how and have episodes that I breathed on my nose. But as it passed by, I got used to it. Really amazing!


Each of us had our master diver to guide us. I was just expecting some ordinary forms of marine life but as we went deeper I was amazed by it's beauty. I was like I'm at a big aquarium. Different forms of marine life were there. I don't know how to express it. I guess I would just advice you to try it by yourself.




It's a one time fun experience. If I have the chance I will surely get back and try it again. I know the sea has more things to offer. It's like having a different environment.

Anyways, anyone within the region or from wherever you came from who are interested to try this, you can contact our master divers from The Master Shop on Facebook and inquire about reservations and fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment